B.S. Computer Science, Math Minor, 2011
University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
Senior Software Developer, JUNO
December 2020 - Present
Senior Web Developer, NextIT/Verint
October 2017 - December 2020
Led modernization efforts, moving the core legacy application (built with an in-house framework, single-tenant) to a multi-tenant modern stack.
- Onboarding new clients went from days/weeks to a single click.
- Substantially improved infrastructure/related costs.
- Allowed clients to scale users 10-100x compared to legacy systems.
As a principal developer, managed and mentored teams of junior developers for a variety of projects.
- Customer content integrations.
- Expanded product offerings, including online learning, analytics, and more.
Lead Software Developer, BeerNu
- Built and maintained tools to manage and classify live chat data for creating Interactive Virtual Assistants (IVAs).
- Created interactive dashboards for analyzing live IVA data to identify and resolve problems relating to interactive chat.
- Worked closely with business analysts to identify inefficiencies in existing IVA workflows, architect technical solutions, and implement the solutions as new or updated features.
July 2016 - September 2017
Lead Software Developer, ClearCare Online
- Developed customer engagement tools for bars and breweries.
- Implemented real time updates between multiple web applications via pubsub.
- Integrated with third-party services to include beer metadata (ABV/IBU, ratings, etc)
July 2014 - May 2016
Web Developer, Computing Grid Business Unit, Genetic Finance
- Led small teams of engineers in the design and development of key features and initiatives as determined by collaboration between product and engineering.
- Developed full stack applications and services scalable to millions of page views a month using Django/Flask, backed by Elasticsearch/PostgreSQL/Redis.
- Headed development for the Quality of Care initiative, a collaboration between Clearcare and the Harvard Medical School to preemptively detect changes of a patient's condition and monitor/manage these changes in home (and not the Emergency Room).
- Integrated with third party background check providers to seamlessly include their offerings when performing hiring validations for new/existing employees.
- Created clearcarejobs.com, a job sourcing site for home healthcare agencies.
June 2013 - June 2014
Software Developer, HubWorks Interactive
- Developed public facing management portals in PHP/Laravel that allowed customers to view/manage their data.
- Developed internal operations tools that allow for simpler/more reliable data management.
- Designed/implemented fully responsive, public facing corporate websites.
- Created web services for communicating to/from the computing grid.
September 2011 - May 2013
Web Application Developer, Engineering Outreach
- Developed backend software systems for integration with iPad client device.
- Designed to be highly scalable, able to support thousands of clients at any given time.
- Integrated with multiple point of sale systems to allow ordering/payment via iPad client devices.
- Worked closely with clients to develop robust, easy to use management tools
July 2008 - January 2011
Developed and implemented robust new internal management tools to combine and replace legacy systems.
- Saved time/improved accuracy by removing double/triple data entry.
Created an automated video encoding system for studio classrooms.
- Integrated third party hardware video encoders and software with custom hardware/software.
- Established a distributed, fully automated video transcoding system.
- Video on demand available to distance students 45 minutes after recording ends on campus.
- Automated failover in the event of hardware failure.
Performed system administrator duties.
- Drafted proposals, created budgets, and recommended hardware purchases.
- Upgraded, updated, installed, and secured server hardware/software.